Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Take These Broken Wings And Learn To Fly

The Beatles were a huge influence on me, starting during my sophomore year in high school. That year, I had Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road, and Magical Mystery Tour in constant rotation in my cd player. They introduced so many new concepts to me, in terms of music as an art form, and I still consider them to be one of my favorite bands today. Nevertheless, as the years have gone by, I've always been discovering new music. As a result of this, I have had many periods where I won't listen to The Beatles for a while, only to "rediscover" them. Each time this happens, I feel like I can hear their music from an entirely different angle, and each time, I fall in love with it just as much as I did the first time I heard it. That being said, I have recently found new appreciation for the following albums:

Rubber Soul















Revolver















The Beatles ("The White Album")

No comments: