Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Glad I'm Punk Now!

One of my best friends has has a punk rock renaissance of sorts. Over the years, as my tastes have changed, punk rock has been sent to the back burner. Every now and then, I'll put on a punk record, for nostalgic value, but it really doesn't do much for me. However, my friend has stated that he's been listening to it pretty consistently lately, and has recommended that I do the same. I'll probably start that soon, and include the following albums:

The Clash-London Calling














Social Distortion-White Light, White Heat, White Trash














The Living End-The Living End














MxPx-Life In General














Rancid-...And Out Come The Wolves














Nofx-Punk In Drublic

2 comments:

Andrew Ayrton said...

LIFE IN GENERAL IS INCREDI!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM JAMMIN' SOME UL RIGHT NOW

John said...

Yeah, it doesn't mean the same thing now. But rediscovering Social D was pretty incredible and I am way into them now for totally different reasons than when I was 17.

And that Clash album you have on your list is pretty spectacular too.