Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No Alarms And No Surprises


















In my opinion, one of the things that separates good music from great music is the element of surprise. I was listening to Wilco's Reservations (a song that I kind of like) from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot just now. The song essentially ends after three minutes, yet I noticed on the time that there were still four minutes left. Now, I've heard this song probably at least 30 times, maybe even more, and yet, I had no idea how they filled those four minutes without things getting boring. It's just amazing to me how you can hear things you've never really noticed in great music. I know this might make no sense, but it's late, and I'm supposed to be doing homework, but this thought just popped into my head.


Wilco-Reservations

No comments: